Wednesday, August 26, 2015

John Wood's Room to Read


I am sure there are many things you can do in a lifetime. John Wood has similar choices. What transpired during his Nepal visit can only be better explained by him. I do not want to dissect what are those factors, however I am always willing to hear about one uses their confusion, frustration, compassion, and conscience to something useful, something tangible, and something which benefits others more than oneself. His U-turn into helping other by completely detaching himself from his personal and professional life is a very brave decision, more than anything else. Was this a selfish decision, a way to fill the vacuum he always felt in his personal and professional life? Was he a motivated and passionate before (the big change) and the situation in Nepal just made him realize where he could really use this driving energy? I don't know, but I think he is.

I have always tried to define who I really am and what I am suppose to do. John work and his writing has certainly provided me some clues. Clues such as it is ok to believe in your ideas and dreams, no matter how irrational they may sound, if guided well by your own skills and aided timely by wonderful people around, I think many difficult things including your dreams are possible. John's dream was to help those kids in the remote village of Nepal.

to be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment